Gifts for the Yoga Lover in Your Life
Are you shopping for a yogi this holiday season? Or are you a yogi shopping for yourself? (we won’t tell!) Here are few great gift ideas for the yogi in your life.
Here at Half Moon Power Yoga it is no secret that we love our Manduka mats. Each instructor uses a Manduka and for good reason: they are the best. Some of use the PRO and others prefer the eKO. Both are sold at HMPY and we are happy to special order a specific color.
Reusable Water Bottle
This is a gift for your yogi and the planet! Encourage both proper hydration and good earth care by gifting a reusable water bottle. Hydroflasks (sold at the studio), Swell bottles and Yeti cups are all great for hot yoga classes as they keep the water cool but don’t cause condensation on the floor.
While reading about yoga will never be as valuable as actually doing yoga, books about yoga and/or meditation can be valuable tools to deepen your practice. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Perfectly Imperfect: The Art and Soul of Yoga Practice by Baron Baptiste
- 40 Days to Personal Revolution by Baron Baptiste
- Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga by Rolf Gates
- Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul by Melody Beattie
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
- Your Body, Your Yoga: Learn Alignment Cues That Are Skillful, Safe and Best Suited to You by Bernie Clark
Massage Gift Card
Massages are a wonderful compliment to an active yoga practice. Both yoga and massage increase flexibility and circulation which have tremendous benefits for overall health.
Yoga Studio Class Passes or Gift Cards
Most studios (including Half Moon Power Yoga!) offer gift cards that your yogi can use to buy class passes, pay for workshops or apply towards private lessons. Giving the gift of yoga is a considerate and much appreciated gesture.